Monday, February 9, 2009

MOM

late night

a hard day, I got to Napa, after Rayna, DD2, called to prepare me for how Mom was. When I got here, she was hardly able to talk. Very drowsy, and I wondered if she might have had a stroke. The nurse from Hospice came and said, she appeared to be in the final stage. I broke down. How could this be? Her tongue was very swollen, and her bottom lip also. She said later that the inside of her mouth feels rough. it's quite red. Cause? if she was allergic to the roxanol Rayna began to give her yesterday morn. it should make her itch, rash, and have trouble swallowing. It wasn't. So what is happening? She is better...right now sleeping peacefully. I hope she continues to be able to sleep through the night. Last night she didn't. I thank God I can be here with her for as long as she has.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your mom is worse this week. Each day is precious: right now... breathe...

    ReplyDelete